Wedding Frequently Asked Questions
· If there is a coordinator, will they be there for the duration of the reception?
Yes, they will be present until 6:30pm on the day and if unavailable, another representative from the Sales Team whom you will have already met and spoken with, will be there in her place.
· Do you have a one wedding per day policy?
· Is the venue available for exclusive use?
· How flexible are your packages?
Our packages are set packages.
· Are there any changes planned to the building before the wedding (renovations, painting etc)?
We currently do not have any planned renovations of our hotel grounds.
· Which rooms are licensed for ceremonies?
The Strand Suite, Links Suite, Front Lawn and Secret Garden are all available for civil ceremonies only.
· Is the ceremony to take place in the same room as the reception?
No, they will always be held in separate rooms unless strongly requested by the wedding couple.
· What is the changeover plan for converting from ceremony to reception?
The guests will attend the ceremony, the newly married couple will walk through the ceremony aisle to a separate area which will lead then to the drinks reception or dinner (whichever event falls next in their itinerary).
· Are there any alternative (or outdoor) locations for non-legal ceremonies?
Couples are welcome to hold their civil ceremony in any of the aforementioned locations throughout the hotel.
· Are we allowed to have confetti?
Biodegradable confetti is welcome.
Food & Wine
· Is a complimentary menu and wine tasting included?
How many people can attend? Yes. A menu tasting will be scheduled 8-10 weeks out from the wedding date for both people getting married. Additional guests may be included at an additional charge.
· How much wine/champagne/tea & coffee is included per person?
Glass of prosecco per person
· Wine choices – what are the wine choices and what are the upgrade costs?
House wines offered with opportunity to upgrade to other wines at an additional supplement.
· Do you charge a corkage fee?
Couples are welcome to bring their own wine at €15 per bottle and €25 for prosecco/champagne.
· Is the champagne toast complimentary?
· Are there any additional charges for bar staff or waiting staff?
· What time is the meal served?
Call for dinner is 17:00, dinner starts around 17:45 depending on numbers.
· Do you cater for special dietary requirements? Coeliac? Vegetarian?
Yes, as long as given the appropriate notice, the chef will amend the menu to cater to any guests’ dietary restrictions.
· Is there an option for dinner the night before or a BBQ the day after?
Yes depending on numbers.
· Is there a late night food option, what time is it served?
Yes. Late night food is served no later than 10.30pm.
· Where is the cocktail hour or drinks reception held?
The drinks reception may be held in either the Secret Garden, or Links Suite.
· Can we serve signature cocktails?
Yes, however there may be an additional cost depending on ingredients/garnish/preparation requirements.